Drug science is a newly developed discipline of substantial importance. A wealth of perspectives intersect in this field of action, among these are neurobiology, clinical pharmacology, psychotherapy, addiction treatment, social sciences and political sciences. #DrugScience2017 aims at stimulating the development of transdisciplinary approaches towards an integrative practice of drug research.
- Which are the current innovations and challenges at hand in the clinical treatment of addictive disorders?
- Which are the most recent neuroscientific findings and perspectives on research in the field of drug research? Which are the new technologies that will possibly become available in prevention?
- In how far could the employment of serotonergic psychoactive substances play a role in the treatment of psychiatric disorders?
- Which are the changes that can be anticipated in both national and international drug policy in the 21st Century, and which of them are necessarily required, based on scientific evidence?
- In which way does the internet have an influence on the trade and availability of drugs? In how far does this affect the attitude held by the larger public?
The connection between previously separated fields of research has initiated a particular dynamic between the natural and social sciences, and humanities. At this conference you will be familiarized with innovations from online-drug communities, you will try and understand in cooperation with researchers from the field of addiction, prevention, neuroscience, and medicine where we stand at the beginning of the 21st Century, and what needs to change.
We can offer 12 Continuing Education (CE) units for psychologists and medical doctors.